30 March 2010

seasons

I was traveling for work this morning and had the chance to watch this Jesus story and I thought to myself, why don’t I read the bible? If I have read hundreds of novels, why don’t I read the most important book I could ever read?

It’s the season of lent and just like the Christmas season, there is an aura that envelopes everyone into the kind of being that God wants us all to be – the very kind of person why he gave up his son for mankind. The same way, lent is nothing different from Valentine’s Day. When Valentine’s is over, there are no more heart-decors on shopping malls, no more suggested gift items for couples, no more special promos on hotels and restaurants. We have been celebrating the death and rebirth of Christ since time immemorial and I pray that we eventually get the real essence of the celebration. May the value of this significant event move us to become better men for the rest of our borrowed life.

No comments:

Post a Comment