11 January 2017

born identity



How the universe or the Great Being, to whomever we believe in, drafted our lives will remain a mystery even after death, reincarnation or after life. No one had a say as to what kind of life we will be brought into the earth. The gift of choice and decision came after we inhaled the first breath of air of which moment we have no full comprehension. It appears that we are characters in a storybook called life where we were each a given character and we are expected to play that role till the end. Only, however the story unfolds is entirely up to us. The parameters and plot of our journey through existence is never pre-determined nor final. The greatest power given to us grants us the full capability to make changes and rise above what was set.

It remains vivid in my brain how I played my character moving within the plot set for me. I recall every decision I made, every little choice I opted to take, every bit of challenge I both failed and succeeded. I am unsure to this point if I had given my character justice the way I lived it but I sure did the best I can, at least the best I think it could be done. Even if I go back as far as my memory can reach I don’t think I will do it any other way.

Now a new season premieres in this storybook as my most special day passed me by insignificantly. Perhaps I have gotten used to it being non-extravagantly exceptional. Since I left home, I have not had a remarkable one that when I ponder on it makes me feel ordinary. Instances such as these makes it difficult not to cling to the past because they were awesome times and harder even to embrace the present because it’s just not what I hoped it will be. In search for deeper meanings, I turn to the unseen, the Creator, to faith. And the message of all circumstances ends up to be – we need to be appreciative and thankful for what we have and think about those who have less and yet contented. 

 And so I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment